Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Show and Tell...Rookie Makes a Quilt

I have gotten crafty in my late 20's...sometimes. This winter, Alice and I took up quilting. I even scored a $25 Bernina at a school surplus auction to help with my new hobby (i.e. one more time commitment I don't really need...but somehow I manage to squeeze it in). 

Well, it is high time I show off my skillz. I bought the fabric for this quilt months ago and now, finally, the top is complete. Maybe in another few months I'll show you the final, quilted product. It's called "Gypsy Caravan" and ended up a LOT crazier than I thought it would--but I love it nonetheless.




(Yeah, I know the florescent lighting in my basement apartment stinks...and what?)

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh I love it so much! It turned out so great! I think the crazier the better. You did awesome!

Rie Pie said...

Bravo!! It looks great.

Heidi said...

I love it. I can't wait to see the finished project. What are you going to put on the back?

Steph said...

nice job Brooke! I like the colors. Is this your first quilt? Can't wait to see it when its finished :)

deb@virginia blue said...

wow...that is absolutely gorgeous! You really DO have some skillz =)

Wendy said...

Darling! And the quilt comes with feet! How'd you do that? ;) Love ya!

The Rookie said...

Heidi--I have a fun fabric that is the same pattern as the red inner-border but in green and turquoise.

Steph--this is actually my 2nd quilt ever. My first quilt top was a Turning Twenty and it still isn't complete. I've yet to put on the borders (oopsy). That is next on my agenda. You see, I can't buy any more fabric until I finished these two quilts. That is my rule.

Wemdu--Beyond having natural talents and abilities in Dr. Mario, I'm just good like that! :)

Sephalo said...

That is AWESOME, I LOVE it!
So so Jealous! You're too cool...

Jen said...

Totally Fabulous Dahling.