Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What is it with me and colds?

I blame it on the snot-nosed kids I teach. I have my 3rd cold this year, except this one is accompanied by fever and chills and aches and what I feared was strep throat. The doctor threw that theory out the window, so I can breath easy on that one. Except that I can't really breathe easy.

So what have I been doing because I stayed home today? Read this. And felt every ounce of her unrequited misery. And felt oh-so-smart when Sue came out with it and fessed up to writing the whole thing and here I'd suspected it as fiction all along. Because what self-respecting single female would put herself out there like that? Somehow learning it was fiction gave me permission to read it in its entirety. Fiction or not, it's a fun little story to take up 2 hours. I say read it. It kept my mind off of the aches and shivers of the day. And it took me back to the angst and injustice of all my hurtful crushes.

3 comments:

Jen R. said...

I feel like I should probably go read about Corby...it's all everyone can talk about right now. Stinks about the cold though. Take your vitamin C!!!

Jen said...

I'm sorry about your cold, but I totally suspected Sue, too. I'm so excited we were right! We are English divas (without the accents).

Rie Pie said...

I have had the stomach flu 3 times in the last 2 months. Just saying. I blame it on the nephews that I live with. I love them, I hate germs.

Feel better