Monday, April 7, 2008

Help!



My job is taking over my life. If I'm not teaching, I'm in a meeting. If I'm not at a meeting, I'm grading. If I'm not grading, I'm preparing lessons. And in the meantime it feels kind of like everything else in my life is slowly unraveling. And if I'm not working, I'm left feeling guilty for not doing work. I'm whining, I know. But I can't help but feel behind in every facet of my life.

Oh, and one other thing: may the cruel and sadistic inventors of NCLB suffer through hours upon hours of worthless district ESL Endorsement courses and homework assignments while there are a myriad of other pressing matters waiting for accomplishment.

42 more work days until summer. 42. Pray that I make it.

5 comments:

Loving The Chaos said...

:( I'm sorry it is so intense right now. Summer will be grand. Come and swim with us! And maybe meet and mand. (I tried to make it rhyme)

Jen said...

Best of luck friend. This is why I stuck with mere English after trying a few secondary ed classes. My English degree was really helpful in the Lumber store where I ended up working.

Shanda said...

I always wanted to be a teacher, because i thought it would be such great hours and all that jazz. I never realized till I was older how much extra time and energy teacher have to put in!! Ill pray for you to make it to summer. It'll be hear in no time

Mrs. Bennett said...

You can do it! And then the summer is YOURS!

Heidi said...

Ha. I'm laughing about the summer is YOURS comment. I ended up with about three weeks that were mine. Everything else was meetings, preparing, conferences, etc.

Good luck!