Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dear confessionsofarookie.blogspot.com,

You know how when you were a little kid and you'd go through "toy stints"? Sometimes you'd go for a few weeks where you'd only play house with your Cabbage Patch Doll, then it was a Barbie phase, and then maybe you thought playing in the sandbox with cars was the coolest thing ever.

Well, apparently, I've been on some sort of stint lately which doesn't involve you, dear bloggy o' mine. I'm sure you are feeling a little left out, kind of like Woody in Toy Story when Buzz Lightyear comes to the toybox. Except I can't really say a single Buzz Lightyear took your place in my agenda. Instead, it was probably several Buzz Lightyear-type characters.

So I'm writing to apologize. Clearly, I stink at making you the priority you deserve to be. But I'm a new woman. I've turned a new leaf. I've recommitted myself. I've gotten back on the horse. I'm back and better than ever. I've sewn my wild oats. I'm homem again. And, at present, I've run dry in the cliche department.


The point is I am sorry. I was out living my life and you sat waiting patiently for me like the perfect blog that you are. Please forgive me and my neglectful tendencies.

Sincerely,
The Rookie
aka that "busy" schlub who owes the world a blog post (or two...or three...or...)

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Wheww! I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from bloggy burnout... Don't be to hard on yourself!

Wendy said...

He He He He! That almost makes me want to forgive you! ;)

Alice said...

It is about freaking time! hehehehe just kidding. I totally understand-since I myself seem to be a slacker quite a bit these days. Well bring on the posts my dear, we've missed you.

Ashley said...

I am still waiting to see a back to school SP in one of your new outfits!

Rie Pie said...

It's about time. I was going threw rookie blog with drawls

Anonymous said...

That's great!!! You are one clever girl. Wookie likes the puppy!