Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Why I'm Not Blogging Much Lately

I blame summer. Summer is busy and chaotic with travel, family in town, conferences, holidays and birthdays and things to do outside...its also that special time of year when my schedule is completely shot to hell I waste a lot of time doing not much of anything in my spare time. And I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Here are a few favorite highlights and photos from my sister's visit (along with her most adorable cuties).

Firstly, I love that these two girlies asked me to sing them a goodnight song. My sister has a tradition of this with her kids, but whenever I am nearby my sangin' skills are requested. So, of course, we had a jammies shot:


Then there is this girl, my bookworm of a niece who spent the majority of the time enjoying my library. Her mother, of course, wasn't too happy to discover I'd not only supplied her with her fix of books, but also a book light late one night (hey, a girl's gotta support her own kind)...ain't she a know-it-all:


And this little bugga-boo is addicted to his mother. He was too funny and his cheeser face for the camera cracks me up:


And, of course, we can't leave out "Theo," my pain-in-the-behind bro-in-law (whom I love dearly--don't tell him). He finally decided to show his stanky keester a week into their visit...p'shaw, like Boise is cool!


This girlie cracks me up and I miss her like you wouldn't believe. This is evidence of her newest funny face stage:


And there must be something about kids this age and posing for the camera...she loved every minute of it...toothless cutie-pants:


And, finally, another of my smarty-pants 13-year-old niece, because I just love this photo of her:


It was so much fun having them all here. I miss them and hate that they always live far, far away (I blame the pesky brother-in-law). However, I find myself thanking my lucky stars that I'm still single and childless...because those kiddos wear a girl out! :)

Since they've been gone I've spent a lot of time sitting right here:

(Don't you just love those sheets...THANK YOU Target). I put a fan in front of me and read...but mostly I sleep. I can't seem to get enough sleep these days, perhaps I am hoping my body is storing it somewhere for the sleep famine that is teaching.

And, I've discovered a new love/hate relationship this week:


So, that's just a small look into what I've been up to instead of posting blogs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Get lots of sleep, cause we're doing a whirlwind next week. Good pictures. Thanks.
Mom

Heidi said...

How fun. I love it when we get to visit with family. I also have a love/hate relationship with puzzles. I don't get to do them ever because I have small space and two wild boys.

Alice said...

Such cute pictures. It was really fun to have them in town. It is the pits they live so far away! :(

As for that puzzle, it makes me sad i can't stay home and finish it :)

Tanya said...

I just felt old! Are those really Amber's kids? She doesn't look like she has changed at all.