Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions for the New Year

Every year we do it. We tell ourselves, "This year, I will (dot, dot, dot)." Yes, now is the time of The New Year's Resolution--calling to us like Great Aunt Ruth's fruit cake when the best of the holiday goodies are long gone: it could be good, or it could be very, very bad.

While some of us fail miserably at those three little dots, others can reflect on our sweet success when the next year approaches. I have never been great at making New Year's Resolutions. When I do, I go all out and make multiple resolutions which I am pretty good at failing. This year I'm being realistic: one resolution--blog more. (This blog war thing is helping out royally, thanks Blackeyed Sue)!

Whatever your resolution is or is not, I hope you have a Wonderful New Year filled with all the success and good fortune that life has to offer. You deserve it! Oh, and speaking of fortunes--Confucius Say: I would stear clear of Great Aunt Ruth's fruit cake.

And for the "What About You?" ...What is your 2008 Resolution and/or opinions on New Year's Resolutions? (If you're stumped on ideas, might I suggest posting more comments on The Rookie's blog?)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I know it sounds lame but my resolution is to lose weight. That is like a generic answer but it is true. I would like to take walks with my family and get in better shape overall.

I also heard a good thing to do is revisit your resolutions every monday to see how you are doing with your progress.

The Rookie said...

Doesn't sound lame at all. I think revisiting your resolutions is a great idea!

Blackeyedsue said...

I would love to make resolutions this year. But I am not. The first year of a baby's life is not the easiest for me. So IF I were to make a resolution, it would be to maintain what is left of my sanity.

Oh, and stay on top of my laundry.

Loving The Chaos said...

Not a one! And I have never made one to date. I just can't handle the pressure of it all!!!!! :)

hehehehe