Friday, June 22, 2007

Confessions of a Late Starter


Everybody stresses how incredibly jealous they are of my summers off. Even I am jealous of myself during the middle of the school year. But the truth is, I think I need somewhere I have to be every day so that I don't sit around and procrastinate showering in the morning. I tend to mosey in the mornings. I sleep in. I hesitate to get ready because...well, I'm not certain why I do it? I think it has something to do with the knowledge that I have my day to do with what I'd like to, so I spend my mornings thinking it is best to check my email before showering/brushing my teeth. If I have no place to look presentable at...why bother? And I think this is where you can get yourself in a funk. You can feel awfully bummed if you look like the schlump I happen to look like at this moment.

Now, I know I could have more self-discipline. I even start the summer off giving myself pep talks about how disciplined I am going to be this summer, "Okay, tomorrow, you are going to wake up go hiking/to the gym, read more..." But here I am at the end of week three and instead of waking up and working out and showering and doing all that great stuff that makes you feel like a normal human being...I digital scrapbooked. And now I'm blogging.

That's right, while the roomie, Alice, had a job interview, I got on her computer and decided to scrapbook. So here it is 1:30 in the afternoon, I'm still in my PJs and I have yet to eat breakfast, let alone shower and brush my teeth. And at this point, I'm getting ready to head up to my mom's to go swimming. So what's the point of a shower now? :)

The good news is, I made some cute pages! Including this one...


credits:
It's time Kit (Altered) by Sande Krieger
Little Black Dress Paper Pack by Kellie Mize

2 comments:

Loving The Chaos said...

Cute! Classy! Do you have to do credits for stuff like paper??? I am wondering because Alice does it too. :)

Alice said...

Very Cute! I am so impressed. We all still love you even though you sleep in and wear your jammies until late...we all need to do it sometimes.